Images and logos have to be color reduced in order to be knitted. See settings & options explained below.
Choosing colors for the image:
- Choose colors for your design. Click one of the color buttons and select a shade of blue. Otherwise, there will be no blue in the color reduced design for knitting.
- Number of colors is limited, so focus on the main colors.
- For photos, pick one light, one medium and one dark color, so gradients in the photo can be displayed.
- if original colors are too close together: Upload the design in more contrasting colors, or pick colors with more contrast to get a good color reduction, and replace later with actually desired colors
Solid / pixeled color reduction
Pixeled color reduction tries to emulate colors to get closer to them. As there is no blue selected, it is emulated by green with red pixel in it. This is usually good for photos or gradients.
Option solid for color reduction selects the the nearest color. There is not attempt to mix colors, so there are less astray pixel in the text.
Only pick colors that should be used for color reduction
Green is not needed, so unselect it for color reduction, so there are less astray green pixel in the text. Or choose a different color for this position anyway, e.g. blue.
Rulers for brightness, contrast, sharpness etc
-> Mobile users use landscape orientation to see this!
- pick a preset, and/or use rulers directly
- lots of options are giving: colors picked, color reduction method (pixeled or solid), ruler settings and size of your image in the design
Size of the image in the design
- the larger the image in the design, the more pixel there are to display it. Scale the image up and down to see how the outcome changes. Then decide which size you want, and find the best image settings for this size.
- crop image and focus on essential parts, e.g. the face of a person.
- splitting up the image in several parts for different settings. E.g. a photo of a persons face may need different settings than a logo or element for background pattern
Despite all options given, you still may have to edit some pixel manually. Use the draw tool, color replacer, flood fill and eraser.
Send design with "Share design" button
If you want us to check the design, send the link to the design with the "Share design" button top right in the Online Designer.
(Mobile users use landscape orientation so button is visible)
Depending on the options you choose, your original logo/image (1) can look like (2) or (3):