Football / soccer scarf: create design offline
File specs for football scarf design
|Number of colors||maximum 5. Use "count colors" function to check, most programmes offer that.
Photoshop users: check Converting color modes, especially "Convert RGB image to indexed color".
|Pixel dimension||For one side of the scarf: Standard size 772 x 84 pixel, Kids size 600x72 pixel, Large 1024x84 pixel|
|Resolution (DPI)||Standard / 72 dpi. When correctly color reduced, one pixel has one color, there is no resolution anymore.|
|Front / backside||You can create two separate files, but maximum number of colors is 5 in the whole scarf (front + back).|
|Fringes / Tassels||No fringes in the design, they are added during knitting automatically.|
Do's and Dont's
- Vector files, files with huge dpi values or huge file sizes do NOT improve the quality or details of the knitted product. Everything that's larger than the sizes given above has to be resized and pixelized (rendered as bitmap) in order to be knitted.
- For pixel perfect design, use the pixel dimensions given, NOT the cm dimensions of the ready made scarf. Depending on design and number of colors used, the ready made size of the scarf may vary a few cm. That's also why the aspect ratio of the file dimensions and the aspect ratio in cm of the knitted scarf is not identical.
- Send your design with email, or upload it as image in the online designer (top left in the Online Designer, click "image" and upload as PNG/JPG).
If the pixel dimensions are correct, this is recognised by the Online Designer and the design is added without any change in size.
If size is not correct, the design has to be scaled up or down to fit the canvas, so it is not pixel perfect anymore. How much quality or details are lost depends on the actual design. Some designs might still be ok, other will loose a lot of details.
- If you are not sure if your file is color reduced correctly, upload the file in the Online Designer and do the color reduction there.
- Each file that is color reduced should also be worked out manually to get the best result. This pixel perfect final touch can be done in the online designer, zoom in the design to work on the details and use pen, color replacer, floodfill and eraser tool. Click the object you want to edit to select it, then choose the tool and edit.
Read more about Online Designer functions and tools in the Online Designer FAQ